First impressions are everything in this business.
When a prospective tenant drives through your park, they are evaluating what they see and they are making judgements about the landscaping and the quality of life they can expect if they move in.
Existing tenants are heavily influenced by how the park makes them feel and they happier they are, the more likely they are to follow the rules, pay the rent on time and renew their leases.
In this module, you will learn how to maintain your park and any park-owned homes to make a good first impression on prospective tenants.
Lessons In This Module
- Module 11 – Introduction
- The High Cost of Deferred Maintenance
- How to Use Maintenance to Get and Keep Tenants
- Minimize Costs Through Preventative Maintenance & Corrective Maintenance
- Emergency Maintenance & Planning
- Set Expectations & Respond to Maintenance Requests
- Keep a Maintenance Log Book
- Final Thoughts
- Next Steps & Action Items
- On-Site Interview: How to Minimize & Prepare for Costly Tree Maintenance
- How to Reduce Your Tree Spraying Costs & Protect Your Trees
- How Ray Built His Tree Sprayer
- How to Reduce Asphalt Damage Around Dumpsters
- How to Save Time with a Small Sprayer
You may need to right-click the following links and select Save Link As to download the file to your computer
Item Type Description Download / Link
Maintenance Request Form Document Use this as a template to create your own maintenance request form Download Word Doc
Notice of Intent to Enter Residence Document Use this as a template for your own document to notify a resident that you or your service provider will be entering their home to perform maintenance. Download Word Doc
Delay of Maintenance Notification Document Use this as a template if you will not be able to conduct a repair due to a delay (e.g. waiting for a part, waiting for a vendor, etc.) Download Word Doc
Maintenance Was Performed In Your Home Document Use this as a template to notify a tenant that work was performed in their home. Download Word Doc
Maintenance Request Log Excel Spreadsheet Log book for maintenance requests. This can be very helpful to predict the amount of maintenance and to determine if one tenant is generating a lot of requests. Download Excel File