Finding a great manager that can manage your park for you is one of the most important things you can do to free up your time.
The challenge is that most of us are not very good at hiring great employees because we hire people we tend to like. Unfortunately, hiring the wrong people can cost you a lot of money and time.
This unit is going to change that. In this lesson, you are going to learn how to use behavioral interviewing and good hiring practices to find the right person for the job.
Before you watch the main videos, watch this special message from Jason
Lessons in This Module
- Module 14 – Introduction
- How to Crush the 3 Property Management Myths & Overcome the 6 Problems with Hiring a Property Manager
- The 3-Step System to Fit a Property Manager Into Your Budget
- How to Avoid Common But Fatally Flawed Incentives & The Risks of Rent as Compensation (and How to Deal with Them)
- Why You Should Only Work with “A Players”
- The 7 Most Common Hiring Mistakes (and How You Can Avoid Them)
- The 3-Step System to Hire an “A Player” Property Manager
- The Simple 5-Step System to Automate Your Hiring Process & Save Time AND where to find your next property manager
- Next Steps & Action Items
You may need to right-click the following links and select Save Link As to download the file to your computer
Item Description Download / Link
How to Hire a Superstar On-Site Property Manager in 3 Easy Steps Use this worksheet to find and hire a superstar on-site property manager Download PDF
The Smart Interviewer This book will teach you how to use behavioral interviewing to find superstars. It walks you through the process of conducting a n interview (the right way to do it). View on Amazon.com
Top Grading This is a book by Brad Smart, the author of "The Smart Interviewer" and it will take you through the reasons why you should hire superstars. Visit on Amazon.com
SurveyMonkey You can use SurveyMonkey to automate your hiring process by using a survey as one of the initial interviews to filter through applicants. The free version will work unless you want to direct the applicant to a video or another site after they complete the survey. Visit Site
MicroBilt Background Checks This is one of many services you can use to do background checks on your applicants. Visit Site
Kolbe Personality Tests You can use personality tests to determine if your applicants have the natural strengths that you are looking for. Visit Site
Wealth Dynamics Personality Tests I'm a big fan of this test. It will tell you whether an applicant is a "Supporter" which is the ideal personality for a property manager. Visit Site
UpWork If you need any help setting up your automated hiring system, you can find service providers on Upwork to do the work. Visit Site